South Florida Couple Killed in Motorcycle Crash

Motorcycle mishaps can result in severe injuries. If you sustained an injury in a motorcycle crash, you should not delay in calling a trusted Miami motorcycle accident attorney who understands this area of law. Our highly capable Miami motorcycle collision lawyers are committed to protecting your rights at each and every stage of the case.

A couple from Weston was recently killed in a motorcycle accident after a tire blew out on US 27. According to a friend who had been to dinner with them on the night of the tragic accident, the couple “just completed each other.” The man, 55, and woman, 57, had been together for over 10 years. Information from the Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) reveals that the motorcycle’s tire blew out around 9:45 p.m. last week. When this happened, the rider lost control of the motorcycle and both he and the passenger were thrown from the vehicle and stuck by at least three other automobiles. FHP is still investigating the crash.

Sadly, motorcycle accidents in Florida are not a rare occurrence. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s published data, 586 people died in motorcycle accidents and related injuries in Florida in 2016. About 555 were rider fatalities and approximately 78 percent of accidents involved a blood alcohol concentration of 0.01 percent or higher.

Motorcyclists have the same rights and responsibilities on the road as any other motorist. Unfortunately, many drivers tend to ignore or overlook motorcycles on the road, causing dangerous and even deadly accidents. If you have sustained a personal injury while driving or riding as a passenger on a motorcycle, you may be entitled to have your medical bills and lost wages paid for by the at-fault party. The vast majority of motorcycle accidents are rooted in the legal theory of negligence. Negligence takes place when a motorist fails to use the appropriate level of care behind the wheel, thereby causing a motorcycle accident and resulting injury. The appropriate level of care refers to the level of care that a prudent person would use under the same or similar circumstances.

Florida follows the pure comparative negligence system, under which fault is relatively apportioned between the parties to the accident. As a practical matter, this means that a motorcyclist can recover compensation following an accident even if he or she partially contributed to that accident. Say, for example, the motorcyclist was 30 percent at fault for the wreck, he or she could still recover for the other 70 percent.

If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident that was not your fault, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your harm. At the Law Offices of Robert Dixon, our skilled Miami motorcycle accident attorneys have what it takes to advocate for your rights. With years of experience representing South Florida personal injury victims, we know the ins and outs of this area of law. We provide a free case evaluation so there is nothing to lose. We will help you understand your legal options and figure out your next steps. Call us today at 1-877-499-HURT (4878) or contact us online.

Contact Information