Every patient in Florida and across the United States deserves competent medical care. When we go to a hospital, we expect to get better rather than worse. Sadly, hospital negligence can lead to serious injuries and, in the most serious cases, death. If you or someone close to you has been injured due to hospital negligence, it is important to reach out to a skilled Miami medical malpractice lawyer as soon as possible. At the Law Offices of Robert Dixon, we understand how to navigate these types of claims and pursue the compensation that our clients deserve for their harm.
Doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals at a hospital play a vital role in a patient’s treatment and recovery. When these health care providers make an error, it can have serious consequences for a patient’s health. Some examples of hospital errors include but are not limited to:
- Administering the wrong medication;
- Administering the wrong dosage of medication;
- Performing the wrong medical procedure on a patient;
- Performing a procedure on the wrong body part;
- Failing to follow a doctor’s orders;
- Anesthesia errors;
- Misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, or delayed diagnosis of a particular condition; or
- Allowing bedsores to develop.